When it comes to home renovation projects, many people resist the idea of wallpaper for several common reasons. However, many of these reasons are actually myths! Here are the top five myths about wallpaper:
1. “Wallpaper is permanent.” It’s not! There are a variety of ways to remove wallpaper; you can always change it up.
2. “Wallpaper is too expensive.” I have two words: ACCENT WALLS. It’s true that wallpapering costs can add up quickly, but the best way to reduce your spending is to cut down your wall-space. Choose a graphic pattern and one wall to paper. It will add punch to the room and give your space a more high-end attitude.”Wallpaper will ruin your walls.” If the wall was smoothed and treated with a primer before installation, the wallpaper will come off with steam, water, and a scraper– and the walls will be fine. Even an old wall with multiple layers of paper and paint can be salvaged, so don’t be discouraged if you’re applying wallpaper for the first time.
3. “Wallpaper will ruin your walls.” If the wall was smoothed and treated with a primer before installation, the wallpaper will come off with steam, water, and a scraper– and the walls will be fine. Even an old wall with multiple layers of paper and paint can be salvaged, so don’t be discouraged if you’re applying wallpaper for the first time.
4. “Wallpaper is out of date.” Totally untrue. Wallpaper — especially graphic patterns — is in style right now and shows no sign of letting up.
5. “Wallpaper does not work for renters.” If your landlord won’t allow you to wallpaper, take a trip to the lumber store and get some “luan.” Luan is a cheap plasterboard perfect for wallpapering. Just drill the wood into your wall, wallpaper as normal, and when you’re ready to move on, you can take your panels with you. You’ll just have a few holes in the wall to spackle.
Wallpaper is a simple element that should be added to the decorative list of any interior decorator that is looking to give vivacity to a room or set up. With people trying to move a bit ahead of their boundaries to beautify their work places and homes, designer wallpapers have become a huge hit in the market. From simple and economic paper styles to fabric based 3D illusions, there is a lot to explore and select from. Apart from increasing the beauty of a place, they might also be useful sometimes to hide an imperfection in architecture.
When you move into a new place you can always notice the walls having imperfections that have not been seen to by the previous occupants. After assessing these marks, thinking about getting a paint coat done might sound expensive. The simplest way to get rid of such situations is by hanging or pasting economic wallpapers present in most of the interior decoration article sellers. Stylish designs tend to hide things you dislike with beauty and monetarily at ease as well. You may go ahead and select the pattern and fabric yourself or take advice from an interior decorator for other options.
Designer wallpapers are also used in offices as they come in more textures and colours to select from. They may represent the working environment of a place and leave a lasting impression on your clients. They are also many affordable options and are of course easy to maintain. If you wish to add a new touch also you can simply change as and when required without creating much mess in the surroundings. This is the major reason why offices are opting for the use of this paper as opposed to paints. If a work place decides to get a makeover done then painting the walls comes first to the mind. This however causes work to suffer as painting requires time and occupies the entire space. You cannot be sat in a room whilst it is being panted as the fumes are not good for your health and also everything has to be covered over in case some splashes equipment. If you wanted to add a simple change the best options is to choose some wallpaper as it can be put up quickly and left to dry after working hours over night, this will make sure not to disturb people.
Youngsters are using their imagination to create a whole new ambiance in their rooms and collage areas by using bits of specialised paper. You can get graffiti strips to comic characters all hung on the walls. Strips of numerous designs are being used in sequential fashion to generate new looks. All you need to do is sit back relax and think how to enhance the decor of your place.